Successful candidates receive:
- An email indicating your exam results once they are processed
- A congratulatory letter, score report identifying how you performed in each competency area, acknowledgement of the credential earned with the date of your certification, suitable for framing, and a BMSC lapel pin to wear proudly as a credential holder (via USPS within 6 weeks of taking the exam)
- A listing in the Directory of Certified Credential Holders
Unsuccessful Candidates receive:
- An email stating that you were not successful in your attempt to earn the BMSC credential
- Score report identifying how you performed in each competency area
- Candidates taking the exam at a testing center will receive the score report immediately upon exam completion
- Candidates taking the exam at a BMSC-approved live event will receive the score report via USPS within 6 weeks of taking the exam
- Instructions how to register to retake the exam
For more information about how the exams are scored, refer to your candidate handbook.
BMSC is responsible for the validity and integrity of the scores reported. Occasionally, computer malfunctions or candidate misconduct may cause a score report to be suspect. BMSC reserves the right to void or withhold examination results if, upon investigation, violation of BMSC’s regulations is discovered. Candidates are expected to fully cooperate with any investigation.
In order to protect the integrity of the examination, BMSC cannot release a candidate’s specific answers to questions on any certification examination, nor will BMSC discuss rationale for specific correct answers to examination questions
Retaking your exam
Candidates can retake any BMSC certification exam within 90 days of their initial or previous certification exam for $99, per attempt.
To retake your BMSC HCS-D, HCS-O, HCS-H or HCS-C exam, log in to your tracker and click on “Retake Now”. If you are unable to log into your Tracker, contact customer service at 1-855-225-5341.